The VIP Investment Platform is the Solution
- Diversification of risk across
- Managed by experienced fund GP’s
- The one-stop offer of capacity for large Asset Allocators.
- Service level guarantee and standardized reporting.
- Venture Capital is the asset class with the potentially highest returns.
The European VC industry operates like a cottage industry of small partnerships where the management company is accelerated after 10 years:
- Few create enterprise value or build access to permanent capital.
Across all other asset classes, the industry has seen a rise of platforms and a separation of the roles of Fund Manager and Portfolio Manager:
- Funds should focus on their core value proposition the investment cycle, while leaving the running of the business to a platform which has synergies of scale and economics
The obvious solution is a VC-focused platform offering regulatory infrastructure and operational backbone, along with the separation of specialist roles in the value chain.
- In short, venture capital has to mature as an asset class into a proper asset management industry.